STATE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
HOBY’s flagship program, the STATE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR (LS) allows high school sophomores to recognize their leadership talents and apply them in becoming effective, ethical leaders in their home, school, workplace and community. Students attend three- or four-day seminars and participate in hands-on leadership activities, meet leaders in their state, and explore their own personal leadership skills while learning how to make a positive impact in their community. The seminar curriculum is based on the Social Change Model of Leadership and develops leadership from three perspectives: Personal Leadership, Group Leadership, and Leadership for Society.
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP (CLEW)
The COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP WORKSHOP (CLEW) is HOBY’s introductory one-day program for high school freshmen. A typical CLeW is six to ten hours long, with 50-100 freshmen participants, and focuses on leadership as a discipline to be explored and learned. HOBY CLeW students interact with local community leaders, participate in group activities, and conduct community service projects. CLeWs are organized, developed, and implemented by local business leaders, civic groups, volunteers, and HOBY alumni.
WORLD LEADERSHIP CONGRESS (WLC)
Since 1968, HOBY’s WORLD LEADERSHIP CONGRESS (WLC) has been bringing students together from across the globe to discover their potential as leaders. Upon completing a Leadership Seminar, U.S. high school rising juniors have the opportunity to advance to HOBY’s next level of leadership programs. The WLC is open to international students ages 15 to 17. Each year, over 400 students representing up to 20 countries attend this unique week-long international program comprised of keynote presentations, speakers’ panels, interactive workshops, field trips, and community service projects. The curriculum is based on the Social Change Model of Leadership and develops leadership from four perspectives: Personal Leadership, Group Leadership, Leadership for Society, and Global Leadership. Students emerge from the WLC as more mature individuals, cognizant of the world around them, and ready to make meaningful contributions to society.
AMBASSADORS CONNECT: THE HOBY ALUMNI NETWORK
Being part of the HOBY ALUMNI NETWORK offers ongoing opportunities for new connections, growth, and leadership development after HOBY’s leadership seminars. HOBY Ambassadors have the opportunity to:
- Volunteer at HOBY programs around the world
- Join a local Alumni Association
- Participate in HOBY’s Dinner with Friends program and meet other alumni in your community
- Organize or attend local service projects and reunions
- Participate in HOBY’s Cushman & Wakefield mentorship program, which includes hands-on experiences in business and possibilities for internships
- Apply for the Academic All-Star Award to wear a HOBY cord at graduation
- Join HOBY partner service organizations, like the Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity and the Junior Chamber International (JCI) during and after college
- Apply for HOBY alumni awards such as the Outstanding Young Alumni award that includes a college scholarship
- Apply for other HOBY scholarships through partnering organizations and universities
- Attend one of HOBY’s international tours