Congratulations on being selected as a HOBY Ambassador!
The pre-seminar confirmation form and details for the 2021 Nebraska HOBY Leadership Seminar have been published below. Parents and ambassadors must complete the confirmation materials together by Friday, May 21, 2021. Please note, this will take approximately 15 minutes to complete, and includes critical information like emergency contact information, medical information, etc.
- NEW: Complete the mandatory pre-seminar confirmation forms here.
- UPDATED 5/27/21: Download and review the FINAL seminar prep materials (technology details, schedule, FAQ, etc.) here.
- NEW: Download the 2021 Activation Kit to learn how to stay involved after the HOBY Leadership Seminar here.
Please email any questions regarding the forms or materials to email@example.com.
LEADERSHIP SEMINAR RULES & EXPECTATIONS
So that this seminar may be conducted as smoothly and efficiently as possible, we ask that you observe the following rules. Any participant who does not abide by these rules and regulations will be dismissed from further participation. Your parents will be notified immediately of any violation of the Rules and Regulations, and they will be instructed to have you removed from the facility. Your school will also be notified of your dismissal from the program. *Click here to download a printable version of this document.
- YOU MUST MAKE A COMMITMENT TO STAY FOR THE ENTIRE SEMINAR, INCLUDING OVERNIGHT. If you have a scheduling problem, we strongly suggest offering the weekend to your school’s alternate.
- You are expected to be on time for all seminar functions and attend all scheduled activities, including meals.
- You must wear your HOBY nametag at all seminar functions.
- No outside guests are allowed in or around the seminar facility except for closing ceremonies.
- You must stay within your assigned group during sessions. If you must leave a session, gain permission from your group facilitator and wait for an adult staff member to escort you. No ambassador is to leave the facility except for scheduled seminar events.
- Room visitation by members of the opposite sex is not permitted.
- No smoking, no drinking of alcoholic beverages and no unauthorized drug use is permitted.
- No weapons, including but not limited to guns, knives (including pocket knives), pepper spray, mace, and similar items.
- Any ambassador who has a medical problem that requires special care, treatment or medication must inform his or her group facilitator.
- In case of emergency, contact your group facilitator or come directly to the Operations Room. There are chaperones and facilitators available 24 hours a day and they can be contacted at any time.
- Lock your room door at all times, whether you are in it or not. Notify the security staff on-duty immediately if you need assistance.
- Use the “Buddy System” when moving throughout the facility without your facilitator.
- Payment for any extra charges billed to a room (i.e., lost keys, lost towels, movies, room service, etc.) will be the responsibility of all ambassadors assigned to that room.
- Ambassadors are not allowed to make room changes. You must be in your assigned room at the announced curfew and must remain in such until the start of activities the next morning.
- You must observe the morning wake up call, which will be one hour prior to the first scheduled activity each day.
- Respect the rights of other facility guests and enter only those rooms and floors in which seminar-related activities are being held. Keep noise to a minimum.
- Refrain from entering the Operations Room, except in case of an emergency.
- Personal electronic/communication devices (iPods, MP3 players, Cell phones, handheld video games, etc.) are not allowed to be used during scheduled seminar functions. HOBY strongly discourages participants from bringing these devices to the seminar, if you do bring these items to the seminar; they are your sole responsibility.
- The following attire is not permitted at any time: strapless/tube tops, tops with spaghetti straps, tank tops, bare midriffs, exposure of undergarments, short shorts, miniskirts, excessively tight clothing, clothing with profane or offensive language or graphics, torn clothing, and clothing with holes.
- Conduct yourself with the highest level of decorum, morals, ethics, and conduct appropriate for a chosen representative of your school.
- Friday & Saturday: You will receive your HOBY t-shirt upon arrival and will wear it both days. (The Junior Volunteers will wash them on Friday evening and deliver them to your door on Saturday morning so it’s nice and clean). Jeans, shorts, capris and khakis are appropriate to wear with the t-shirt.
- Saturday service project: You will want to bring an older pair of jeans/shorts that can be worn on Saturday during the service project. Comfortable closed-toe shoes are a must, as we will be walking frequently on campus.
- Saturday church / meditation: There will be options for Catholic and Protestant services on Saturday evening, or a meditation/silent time on campus. Please bring “business casual attire,” for Saturday evening.
- Saturday dance: The theme will be Neon. Think Neon colors, or anything bright. Feel free to bring fun, but appropriate, attire!
- Sunday: “Sunday Best” but not “Formal Dress.” Think dress shirt / dress pants / tie / blazer’ dress; skirt; pantsuit.